Wednesday, February 18, 2009

George Washington's Birthday Ball

Which also happened to take place on Valentines day. It was probably the only way I was ever going to be able to get Dave to attend a costumed ball with me, and I took full advantage. I had a great time, and I think Dave had a good time as well. Here we are in the ballroom at Gatsby's tavern (I should have taken a picture toward the beginning of the night instead of half way through...all of my tendril curls have fallen flat):We took the dance classes that led up to the ball, so we did pretty well with the English Contra Dances. If you want to see more on the dance (read: costumes), check out the costumediva.com website for more photos.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

That's an adorable picture! Is that dress made out of the sari? I am guessing your other blog will answer that question.

 
Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

PS, you look like the cover of a romance novel, only Dave is wearing a shirt, which is inappropriate. :P

 
Blogger Costume Diva hypothesized...

Hey Lauren,

Yup, it's made out of a Sari. And Dave says you must stop fantasizing about seeing his bare chest. :) You're right though, we should try a picture where I'm bent over backwards, clinging to him in some ridiculously submissive pose.

 
Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

In that case, Dave also needs to wear a kilt and a long-haired wig. I am sure this can be arranged.

 
Blogger Dave hypothesized...

Every time I look at this photo I can't help but think of Mickey Mouse for some reason. Must be the white gloves.

By the way, thanks a lot Lauren. Now I have to sleep with one eye open for fear that I'll wake up one night to find Melissa taking my kilt measurements.

 
Blogger Costume Diva hypothesized...

MuHUHUWAAAAAH!!! Too late!

Seriously, if I thought you had ancestral ties to any particular clan, you'd be in trouble. As is, I know where I can get wool plaid in the various family clan colors. I'm a distant descendant of the MacDougals.

 
Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

Who are those gorgeous people from a bygone era? He's wearing strange futuristic clothing. But they are both so gorgeous!
MIL

 

Post a Comment