Friday, September 04, 2009

The Bittersweet of Life

For those of you who didn't hear on facebook, I'm officially an Aunt for the first time. My little niece is named Katherine Vanessa, or Kathy, and she's adorable. She weighted in at 7lbs 11ounces, and has a head full of hair like her mother's (and like my husband's). I'm very proud of my new little niece, and plan to spoil her rotten.
In other news, the same day my niece arrived in the world, my grandmother departed. This is the first grandparent I've lost so I've taken it a bit hard, and Grammy Wilson was always very close to my heart. I'll miss her a lot, but she was very ill and is now in a much better place. I was also very fortunate to get to see her less than one month ago on my way out to Colorado. We're leaving today for the funeral, and will be back after the long weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Susie hypothesized...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, Melissa... I am glad she is out of pain now, but it's definitely hard on those that she left behind to be without her for the time being! Memories and sweet times you had with her will have to do for now. Will be praying for you!

 

Post a Comment