Saturday, March 07, 2009

Isn't It A Bit Early for Easter Decorations?

For some reason, my dog decided she wanted to get festive for spring and dyed herself pink. Yes, that's right, my dog dyed herself pink.
I had just retrieved something from my sewing closet and apparently didn't notice that I'd knocked something off its shelf, or that Caly was in the closet and went after it. Five minutes later Caly came and sat down at my feet chewing on something round and plastic. Upon further inspection I discovered that it was a container of pink chalk powder like this one:I use it when I'm sewing to help me hem my dresses. I have a chalk hemmer. If you can't picture this, visit Joanne's fabric here to see what I'm talking about.
As funny as it was to see her all pink, Dave and I were not laughing once we realized that the bottle of chalk was completely empty and we started finding chalk dispersed all around the apartment on our white carpet. We vacuumed to no effect, so Dave worked on cleaning the carpets while I rewarded Caly's behavior with a bath and blow dry. We have still not gotten all the pink off the carpet, but we're definitely making progress.

Bad dog.

You think she can get me some Cadbury Eggs?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

Oh wow, that's a new one. I've never heard of a dog being bad by dying itself and the house pink. Good luck with the cleaning. Perhaps you'll have to rent one of those fancy carpet cleaning vacuums, or just buy some of the stuff you spray and leave for a while.

 
Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

PS, you might threaten to give her away in one of Victoria Secret's "Free Mini Pink Dog" promotions. Perhaps that will make her behave.

 

Post a Comment