Friday, April 17, 2009

Side Saddle Video



This is Melissa riding side saddle on Sandy several weeks ago. She's still alternating weeks between riding astride and riding aside and her instructor isn't quite ready to put her aside on a thoroughbred, but she's improving each week and is hoping to move off of the "kiddie" horse soon.

Right now her instructor's greatest fear with moving Melissa onto a younger horse is that her hands will rise up and cause the younger horse to either stop or bolt. Personally, I think her instructor should just put Melissa on a younger horse now. All it will take is that horse bolting once and I guarantee you Melissa's hands will never rise up again.

I know. My concern for my wife's safety is inspiring. They should give me an award.

-Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment