Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Stranded

I dislike it when people say "I told you so," and I really hate giving people the opportunity to say it. I got a used car for Christmas, and it has already had several trips to the repair shop. My dad wanted me to put it on a warranty, but we just don't have the kind of money to plunk down for that right now. So last week, Dave had a death in the family and we decided to drive to Indiana to attend the funeral. We took my car because it has cruise control, and I figured we HAD just had it checked out at the dealership, so surely everything should go fine. Wouldn't you know the stupid car threw a rod not 90 miles from our destination? Of course Dad was quick to point out that's something a warranty would have covered.

We've spent the last two weeks stranded in Indiana while our car gets a new engine installed (happily, we're stranded with very kind and generous family).

I would just like to point out, for those who are keeping count, that I've now had a car catch on fire with me in it, and one car's engine blow up with me in it. I'm getting a bit tired of this bad car Karma. I clearly need to be able to purchase a much newer car that won't give me this sort of trouble. Keep your fingers crossed that I finally find a job that will allow me to do just that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fireflyinva hypothesized...

No told you so's here because, well, let's just say I'd never have guessed. Keep posting--I'm subscribed and we think of you a lot back here in NOVA. You are way too talented, it will just involve finding a job that brings out your amazing talents. Will be interested to learn what you are aiming at! Good luck and enjoy Indiana!

 
Blogger Dave hypothesized...

Let's also not forget the most important thing: any car warranty we purchased would not have done us any good in this situation.

All of the warranty packages have mileage and time requirements, both of which have to be satisfied before any claim can be made against the policy and neither of which would have been fulfilled before the clunker blew up.

So who really gets to say, "I told you so?"

 
Anonymous Anonymous hypothesized...

Keep your chin up, and try not to let it get to you. At least you were away from home for a little while. Maybe not the way you wanted a vacation, but you got one anyway :) Megan

 

Post a Comment