Friday, March 05, 2010

Oscar Predictions

UPDATE: I got 17/24 right. I put an asterisk next to the categories I got wrong. I was happy I made the right call on Best Picture.

It's time for the Oscars again! I will, as always, be posting an Oscar fashion round-up after the Oscars on my sewing website, but this year I thought I'd record my predictions here and see how I do. Here are my guesses for this year:

Best Picture - Hurt Locker
Best Director - Kathryn Bigelow
Best Actor - Jeff Bridges
Best Actress - Sandra Bullock
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz
Best Supporting Actress - Mo'nique
Best Animated Feature Film - Up
*Best Foreign Film - The White Ribbon
*Best Original Screenplay - Inglorious Basterds
*Best Adapted Screenplay - Up in the Air
Best Documentary Feature - The Cove
Best Original Score - Up
Best Original Song - "The Weary Kind"
Best Film Editing - The Hurt Locker
Best Cinematography - Avatar
Best Costume Design - The Young Victoria
Best Art Direction - Avatar
Best Makeup - Star Trek
Best Visual Effects - Avatar
*Best Documentary (short) - The Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant
*Best Short Film (animated) - A Matter of Loaf and Death
*Best Short Film (live action) - The Door
Best Sound Editing - The Hurt Locker
*Best Sound Mixing - Avatar

It's going to be a close race between The Hurt Locker and Avatar, so I won't be surprised at all if some of these technical categories are flip-flopped. I think, in the end though, the Academy will shy away from giving a Sci-Fi film Best Picture, so that's what I'm going with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown hypothesized...

I love the fact that even though they expanded the Best Picture category to 10 films, I still hadn't seen any of them!

 

Post a Comment