Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Funfilled Weekend

I was pleasantly surprised this past Friday to get home and find out Dave was on his way up. We had a nice weekend together. First, we went out to Homestead Farm in order to pick up some fresh white peaches and blackberries. I later turned the peaches into a peach crisp, and the blackberries into a blackberry pie.

Next, my tastebuds were demanding a trip to Georgetown Cupcake. I watched the premier of DC cupcakes on TLC this last Friday, and have had a craving for one of their cupcakes ever since. Dave had a chocolate cupcake, and I had a strawberry cupcake. Plus, thanks to a rain shower that ended just as we arrived at the cupcake shop, there was no line!
Finally we went to see Despicable Me. It was lots of fun to watch, and we caught it in 3-D (honestly I could take or leave the 3-D, but the showing we wanted to se happened to be in 3-D). The previews gave away a lot of the funniest moments in the film, which was too bad. My favorite line remains the little four year old neurotically shouting: "It's so fluffy!!."

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave hypothesized...

I hope some of the crisp and the pie will be waiting for me tomorrow!

What is with this trend recently of movies giving away all of the best parts in the previews? Has that always been the case and I've only recently started to notice?

Every movie we've seen in the last six months has been utterly ruined by the previews giving away key information/scenes. Maybe that speaks less to a change in preview policy and more to how crappy some of the recent releases have been...

 

Post a Comment