Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Predictions

For the first time since I began my Oscar predictions, I'm not 100% sure of my "Best in Costume Design" pick. It's usually such a clear and obvious choice for me. I decided to go with the movie I wanted to win this year, rather than the one I think might win. The best I've ever done is 18 out of 24 categories correct. Let's see how I do this year:

Best Picture: The Artist
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius, The Artist
Best Actor: Jean Dujardin, The Artist (George Clooney is the possible upset here...)
*Best Actress: Viola Davis, The Help (wow....congrats to Meryl Streep)
Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, Beginners
Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, The Help
Best Animated Feature Film: Rango
Best Foreign Film: A Separation, Iran
Best Original Screenplay: Midnight in Paris
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Descendants
Best Art Direction: Hugo
*Best Costume Design: Jane Eyre (the Artist is probably the safer pick, but how can I fully appreciate the costumes when it's in black and white?) yup...the Artist won. I respectfully disagree with the Academy.
Best Original Song: "Man or Muppet" from "The Muppets"
Best Original Score: The Artist
*Best Documentary: Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (congrats to Undefeated....once I saw PDiddy on the Red Carpet for Undefeated, I realized I was probably gonna lose this category).
Best Documentary (short): Saving Face
*Best Cinematography: The Tree of Life (congrats to Hugo)
*Best Film Editing: The Artist (congrats to Hugo)
Best Makeup: The Iron Lady
Best Sound Editing: Hugo
Best Sound Mixing: Hugo
*Best Visual Effects: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (congrats to Hugo)
Best Short Film (Animated): The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
*Best Short Film (Live Action): Raju (Congrats to the Shore)

17/24...not my best year, but not to shabby either. What kills me is that I got some of the more difficult categories right this year (I got two of the 'shorts' categories right), but there were a few upsets that tripped me up. Oh well. Until next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment