Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar 2011 Predictions/Outcome

Okay...I didn't get this posted before the award show, but I promise I didn't change any of my answers (the categories with stars at the ones I got wrong). I got 18/24 right this year, which is one better than last year. I will, as always, be posting an Oscar fashion round-up after the Oscars on my sewing website, but here are my guesses for this year:

Best Picture - The King's Speech
Best Director - The Social Network* (King's Speech won)
Best Actor - Colin Firth
Best Actress - Natalie Portman
Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale
Best Supporting Actress - Melissa Leo
Best Animated Feature Film - Toy Story 3
Best Foreign Film - Biutiful* (In a Better World won)
Best Original Screenplay - The King's Speech
Best Adapted Screenplay - The Social Network
Best Documentary Feature - Inside Job
Best Original Score - The Social Network* (King's Speech won)
Best Original Song - "We Belong Together"
Best Film Editing - The Social Network
Best Cinematography - True Grit* (Inception won)
Best Costume Design - Alice in Wonderland
Best Art Direction - Alice in Wonderland
Best Makeup - The Wolfman
Best Visual Effects - Inception
Best Documentary (short) - Strangers No More
Best Short Film (animated) - Day & Night* (The Lost Thing won)
Best Short Film (live action) - Na Wewe* (God of Love won)
Best Sound Editing - Inception
Best Sound Mixing - Inception

It's going to be all about the King's Speech this year. I saw the movie and really enjoyed it, so I'm happy that it's in the lead. Social Network will probably be the runner-up this year. On costumes: I think there are a lot of people saying the award will go to the King's Speech designer, but I really think Colleen Atwood should get it for Alice in Wonderland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment