Friday, August 31, 2012

My Abstract Tree


Hey All!!  I snagged a great Groupon a few weeks back for a place called Sip n' Paint Virginia.  I got look at their classes, and selected one that had a project I would enjoy hanging on the wall if it actually turned out well.  I was very skeptical about my ability to produce a nice final product (I stopped taking art classes in middle school), but for $15 I thought it couldn't hurt.  Here's my palate all ready to go:
The class was so wonderful!  The instructor took her time and guided us step-by-step through own to make our own Abstract Tree.  We started with a nice blended background, and then began building the tree and swirls.  Here I am hard at work:

Here's the final product.  The instructor's version was neater and sharper than mine, but I'll give myself a little pat on the back since this was the first time I've ever done any 'real' painting.
We all had a great time, and each of us had a wonderful piece of at to take home and frame at the end of the class.  I'm hoping they'll re-offer their Van Gogh Starry Night class soon!




1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren hypothesized...

Gorgeous! It looks like a Klimt.

 

Post a Comment