Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pinterest and Organization

Confession: my house has taken over.  I'm ready to reengage the enemy and win the war!!!

Vanity of Shame
Dave and I moved into our 'new' place last October.  We did a lot of work the first two weeks we were here, but after that we both went back to work and progress came to a screeching stop.  Ever since then we've been trying to undo the messes we later made trying to 'stash' away things that were never properly unpacked and organized. 

Then, there's the problem that we just have too much stuff.  We are finally in a beautiful home with plenty of square footage and a small back yard, but for some reason we still feel like we have less room than ever.  I think our 'stuff' decided to reproduce while we had it locked away in storage for the past two years.

Pinterest Inspiration
My Tiffany Blue Makeup Board

I'm trying my best to weed out the unnecessary stuff.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to find pretty and creative ways to deal with my mess.  This week's project: a magnetic makeup board.  I turned to Pinterest for inspiration.  The one on the left is theirs.  The one the right is mine. 

I found a cookie sheet for .80 cents at a thrift store and spray painted it blue with some paint left over from another project.  I gave it a clear polyurethane coat to make sure the paint doesn't chip or get ruined by the magnets.  Then, I used Gorilla Glue to put the magnets on my makeup (1.97). 

I'd like another little basket for lipsticks, etc, but otherwise I'm very happy with the results!  Now that I'm sure it works, I need to slap a few more magnets on some of my other favorite makeup items.  Any other ideas for how to make my new makeup board even more fabulous?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment